The Men’s Club is a golf league that plays on Wednesdays from March 1st – October 18th with the option to play 9 or 18 holes. Play is conducted from the white or red tees (70+) based on which division the player selects on the application.
2 Separate Divisions – White Tees OR Red Tees (must be 70+). During online registration, player will choose which division he will be playing in and will continue to play from that division all season; including club championship.
|GHIN Handicap Fees (optional but suggested)||$38.00|
|Hole-In-One Club (optional)||$10.00|
Membership Fees – $35.00
Your membership fees include; membership to the Men’s Club, ability to book tee times 7 days in advance for Wednesdays or bid on Premium Season Long Tee Times (NEW see tee time section), enter into the weekly games, Men’s Club Championship and Final Food Night.
GHIN Handicap Fees (Optional but highly suggested) – $38.00
GHIN handicaps must be purchased through Central Links due to changes they have made within their organization. The GHIN Handicap is used for weekly Men’s Club events and the Club Championship. Players will post their own scores into GHIN after the completion of their round. The World Golf Handicap System recommends scores to be entered hole-by-hole and handicap will update every day.
Click here to purchase GHIN Handicap.
Hole-In-One Club (Optional) – $10.00
Any Men’s Club member(s) who scores an ace during any Men’s Club event, including tournaments, will split the pot at the end of the year; providing that golfer has paid the HIO fee before the ace has been recorded.
The following rules will apply.
- The hole-in-one must be attested by at least one other Men’s Club member playing with the acer.
- The ace must have occurred during the weekly events or league tournaments.
- Ace must have occurred on 1st tee shot attempt. (No mulligan’s or redo’s)
- The hole-in-one must be a completed 9 or 18-hole round done in hole order based on scheduled starting hole.
- The official scorecard must be turned into the golf shop with players names, all signatures, and date immediately after the designated round for review.
- Members must pay the fee each year if they wish to participate before hole-in-one occurs.
If a HIO is not recorded in the season, the pot will roll over to the next year HIO Club. A total of $0.00 carried over to 2023 season due to three HIO’s in the 2022 season.
Important Notes For 2023
- Men’s Club registration will be completed online ONLY. Click here or go to lakeshawneegolf.com then go the tab under Golf Course ~ Leagues ~ Men’s Club.
- All players must purchase their GHIN online due to changes with Kansas Golf Association (Central Links). This is due to the fact that your GHIN Handicap will be valid 1 year from the day you sign up. So everyone could have a different expiration date. This will also allow you to setup a renewal reminder along with an auto renew so you will never be without your handicap. com/handicap-sign-up/ (under Golf Course tab ~ Handicap sign-up)
- Premium Season Long Tee Times: Men’s Club members will have the option to book the premium season long tee times through an online auction. For more information on the premium season long tee times see the Tee Times Section (below).
- 7-day in advance online booking starting at 6:00am. (See Tee Time Section for more info).
The league is an all-day league allowing club members to book tee times throughout the entire day. Men’s Club members will now have 4 options for booking tee times for Wednesday league play.
- 7-days in advance online booking starting at 6:00am at lakeshawneegolf.com – “Book Online”.
- 7-days in advance by calling or visiting the pro shop during regular business hours.
- Winning a Premium Season Long Tee Time during the open auction times. Click Here
- Purchasing any remaining Premium Season Long Tee Times after the auction has been completed.
Premium Season Long Tee Times
There will be an auction for Men’s Club members who would like to book a premium season long tee time from April-October. In order to win the bid on the tee time auction, the bidder must be an active paid Men’s Club member for the current season. NEW- The auction style has changed from a Straight Bid to an Auto Bid style. How Auto Bid works: Enter the maximum bid amount you are willing to spend for this item. If you are outbid at any time, we will place the next minimum bid on your behalf.
Example: The current bid is $10 and minimum bid increment is $5. If you’re willing to pay $50 for the item, place a bid for $50. Only $15 ($10+$5) minimum bid will be used for your first bid. If next bidder out-bids you by placing a bid of $20 ($15 +$5), the software will automatically place the next bid on your behalf for $25 ($20+$5). This will continue until your maximum amount is lower than the next minimum bid.
The auction ends, March 23rd at 8:00pm.
Tee Times will be reserved for consecutive Wednesdays from April-August (Peak Season start time) and September-October (Fall Season start time). The Fall tee time will be 40 minutes later then the Peak Season tee time due to the sunrise time, unless you choose a tee time 4 pm or later.
To access Premium Season Long Tee Time auction – click here
Premium Season Long Tee Time Rules
- The tee time is valid for up to 5 golfers.
- The group who wins the tee time will be responsible for calling and canceling the tee time when the tee time is not being used. If 2 or more no-shows occur during the season without a 24-hour cancellation notice, the group may lose the remaining reserved Men’s Club tee times for the season.
- The group who wins the tee time will be responsible for calling and adjusting the tee time size if the group is smaller than the reserved tee time. If tee time constantly shows up with fewer golfers than reserved, the group may lose the remaining reserved Men’s Club tee times for the season or the golf course may adjust the reserved tee time size for the remainder of the season.
- The golf course reserves the right to add golfers to your tee time when space is available.
- The money raised from the online auction will be added and split between the Men’s Club Final Food Night and Club Championship.
For groups that missed the Men’s Club tee time auction and/or didn’t win the tee time they bid on, will still have the option to purchase a premium reserved tee time if available for the remainder of the Men’s Club season. The fee to reserve a premium season long tee time for the remaining open tee times on Wednesday’s Men’s Club will be $20 per tee time.
For Men’s Club members that didn’t get a premium reserved tee time, the remaining open tee times will be available to book 7-days in advance online at 6:00am, over the phone or in person each week.
Any remaining open tee times on Wednesday’s not booked by Men’s Club members will be open to the public 4-days in advance.
Golfers new to the Men’s Club who need help finding a group or meeting new people should see Scott Mellen, PGA Head Professional or pro shop staff.
Check in for Weekly Play
Members must first check-in at pro shop counter to pay appropriate daily fees (i.e. green fees and cart fees). At this time players will have the option to sign up at the league box for the $3 weekly event. Players who choose to play in the weekly event must specify which 9-holes they plan to compete on before teeing off (This cannot be changed once play has begun). If you play 18-holes you can pick both front-9 and back-9 and pay $6.
Weekly events will mostly be Stroke Play competitions. Flighting of events will be determined by the number of Men’s Club members who enter the event within their division. Pay $3 for one nine or $6 to play both nines and checking the necessary boxes.
Each Division (white tee & red tee) will be broken down into flights and places based on the number of players competing in the weekly game. The payouts will be the same in each flight within their Division.
To view weekly results visit lsgc-mensclub2023.golfgenius.com
All golf shop credits earned from league play events must be spent on golf shop merchandise by December 31, 2023. Credits may be spent at any Shawnee County operated golf shop.
Important Men’s Club Dates
March 1st First Day of Play
March 22nd Course Closed for Aeration of Greens (weather pending)
April 5th Premium Online Tee Times Start
Aug. 5th Club Championship @ 8:30am Shotgun
Aug. 6th Club Championship @ 8:30am Shotgun
Sept. 6th Course Closed for Aeration of Greens (weather pending)
Sept. 6th FALL BASH with the CHANCE ENCOUTER BAND
Sept. 13th Premium Online Tee Times change to Fall Time Start
Oct. 18th Last League Play Day
Oct. 18th Food Night @ 6:00pm
Oct. 25th Premium Online Tee Times End
Men’s Club Championship
This is a two day stroke play event where every skill level of golfer can compete against fellow golfer for gift cards, trophies and bragging rights. Divisions will be evenly broken into flights based on number of players and handicaps. Payouts will be distributed amongst each division and flight. A separate and optional skins game will also be played each day.
Dates: Stroke Play: Saturday, August 5th & Sunday, August 6th
Time: Round 1: Saturday, Shotgun Start @ 8:30am
Round 2: Sunday, Shotgun Start @ 8:30am
Format: Individual Stroke Play (Flighted within Divisions)
Skins Game (optional daily): Within divisions & flights.
Pairings: Saturday – TBD
Sunday – TBD
Flights: Determined by Handicap before Round 1 of the Club Championship.
Eligibility: Join Men’s Club by July 31, 2023 to participate. Open to the first 100 participants.
Entry Fee: $7 Entry Fee + Green Fees & Carts paid each day by participant. Annual Passes are valid.
Prizes: Awards will be handed out following Sunday’s round.
Fall Bash with the Chance Encounter Band – Sept. 6th
The fall bash will take place on Sept. 6th at 5 pm in the Lake Shawnee Golf Course parking lot. This event is open and free to any active men’s club member and their immediate family or up to 3 guests. Free burgers and hot dogs will be provided. Please bring your own lawn chairs. We will have a RSVP email sent out at a later date. Check out the band @ https://letsrockout.com/home