Santa Fe League
Membership and Play Rules
Members must be a retired employee and/or spouse of the ATSF RY. Co, ATSF Employees Benefit Assoc., ATSF Memorial Hospitals Inc., Santa Fe Industries, Santa Fe Pacific Inc., Burlington Northern Santa Fe Inc., or any person who has been employed by any of the afore mentioned companies and receives RRB benefits shall be eligible for membership on payment of annual membership dues and be a member of the Topeka Santa Fe Retired Employees Club.
- Play Shall be each Thursday unless a Holiday falls on Thursday.
- Play front 9 if possible.
- if back 9 is played, score will be recorded under front 9 rules.
- if 18 holes are played, only front 9 score will be used for the event.
- Men use white tees, ladies use golf tees, forward tees can be used if needed.
- Annual Dues are $10.00 and Weekly play fee is $1.00
- Deposit your weekly fee and sign the “sign in” sheet in the pro shop.
- Print first and last names clearly on the scorecard.
- Place scorecard in the same slot that you placed your weekly play fee.
- Scorecards must be turned in on the day played.
- Green fees and cart fees are to be paid to the pro shop.
- Mulligan on 1st tee is permitted and 1 club length improvement is permitted except out of a sand trap.
Weekly Event Description
Scratch: Regular Play. Keep individual score.
Retied System: Keep individual score. Weekly administrator will eliminate 2 highest scores.
2-Person Blind Draw: Keep individual score. Weekly administrator will develop the blind draw.
4-Person Blind Draw: Keep individual score. Weekly administrator will develop the blind draw.
Tournaments will be “Shotgun Start” at 8:00am expect for the September tournament, which will be 9:00am. Players must sign in prior to 15 minutes before start time. Players will be paced on a team of 4 or 5 players depending on participation.
A Player = Low Handicap
B Player = Mid-Low Handicap
C Player = Mid Handicap
D Player = Mid-High Handicap
E Player = High Handicap
4-Person Scramble. Keep one team score. Each person tees off, selects the best ball, each player hits from that location and repeat to the hole.
Contact Lake Shawnee Pro Shop for more information (785) 251- 6840.